These are truly my personal favorites that I use almost daily. I’ve worked hard over the years to curate a specific collection of brands at Two Beauties Skin + Makeup (the business I own) that I actually use and stand behind. I recommend these as a licensed esthetician with a vested interest in your skin health, as an experienced makeup artist that understands ease of application and wearability should be a given, and as a vegan who loves seeing the cosmetic industry step up to help our world become a kinder place!
1) Glo Skin Beauty Moisturizing Tint SPF 30. This product is my go-to every single day whether I’m wearing full coverage makeup or not. It adds a sheer hint of color and moisture on days I’m not wearing any foundation, and provides an oil-free base that will help face makeup apply flawlessly and last when I am going for a more full-coverage look. Wearing SPF is a must, and this formula feels and smells amazing. If I were stranded on a desert island, THIS is the one product I’d take with me.
2) Glo Skin Beauty Under Eye Concealer. This concealer offers a dual pot- one peach shade to color correct and one more neutral shade to blend and brighten. I apply this under my foundation using the Glo Dual Camouflage brush for full-coverage color correcting and concealing all over the face (not just under eyes). It can also be applied lightly for more sheer coverage on days I do not wear foundation. This product is easily blend-able, does not badly crease when blended and set, and can be used as an eyelid primer in a pinch.
3) Glo Skin Beauty Satin Cream Foundation: 1.4oz. I have been wearing this foundation for over a decade. This formula is full-coverage, has a satin semi-matte finish, and color corrects amazingly. I use a damp beauty blender to achieve an air brushed look, or the Glo Flat Top Kabuki brush if I need more coverage. All Glo foundations are talc-free, non-comedogenic, and contain green tea, and vitamins A, C, and E. The shade range is moderate, but from my experience fairly inclusive.
4) Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder: 1oz. On days that I would like a full-coverage look I use this powder to set my foundation. It lasts all day and night, creating a more matte, but crease-free finish that photographs well. I apply it using a beauty blender, and then buff it out with the Glo Skin Beauty Pro Kabuki Brush for an airbrushed look.
5) Glo Skin Beauty Brow Powder Duo. This brow powder is the most pigmented and long-lasting I’ve found. Etching brows out with this formula is effortless with the Glo Dual Brow Brush. I typically will fill my brows in with the lighter shade toward the center, and the darker shade toward the tail, then set with either the Glo Brow Gel in clear or the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Gel in auburn.
6) Too Faced Natural Collection. I know this is cheating, but this entire collection is now “holy grail” for me, so I picked out my two favorites to include here. These palettes come in beautiful hard-shell packaging with high quality mirrors. They are compact and easy to travel with- these are the two (and only) palettes I brought with me to do my wedding makeup and all my honeymoon looks. I love that you can create so many eye looks with a simple set of neutrals, some satin and some matte. And the face palette is my absolute favorite since it contains two highlights, a beautiful bronze/contour shade, and three blushes. The rest of the collection is also beautiful, and the pigment and blend-ability is highest-quality.
7) Urban Decay Razor Sharp Water-Resistant Longwear Liquid Eyeliner. This liquid eyeliner is the only one I’ve found with a traditional, precision brush tip that is deep black, dries down matte, and does not budge. It comes in a variety of colors, but I only use it in black for days when I do cat-eye liner. Unfortunately, it is currently on sale and the black is hard to find so I’m hoping they’re reformulating or repackaging and not discontinuing!
8) Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick. This formulation is highly pigmented, and for me, lasts almost all day with no need to reapply. I love that there is a huge shade range with a large portion of nudes which are my go-to shades.
Shades I love: Can’t Relate, Mannequin, Christmas Cookie
9) Glo Skin Beauty Precision Lip Pencil. These are just your standard lip pencils, but the formula is incredibly creamy and long-wearing. The shade range is minimal, but there is a tone for every look you’re creating.
10) Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water: 3.9oz. This is my personal favorite setting spray. I prefer a full-coverage, but very dewey look and this spray gives me that finish I’m looking for and pairs wonderfully with my Glo foundations.